Business tips

6 Methods to Discover a $100 Million Enterprise Concept

by Robert Jordan

Final Up to date: Dec 31, 2018
Profitable entrepreneurs do not simply come across their million-dollar enterprise concepts. Creator Robert Jordan shares six issues he realized from the founders of a few of America’s most profitable companies.

where to find a $100 million business idea
Picture supply: iStock.com

Ever marvel how entrepreneurs provide you with sensible enterprise concepts that flip into profitable firms? I interviewed 45 firm founders, every of whom began, grew, and bought an organization for $100 million or extra, or took their firm public for $300 million or extra. Listed here are a few of their secrets and techniques.

Fulfill their want, not your ardour.

It is a fable that profitable enterprise individuals acquired into their subject as a result of they cared deeply about it. Success would not observe ardour, it follows want. Discover one thing that nobody’s doing that any person ought to do. That is what Dick Costolo, founding father of Feedburner, did when he noticed that publishers had content material however no method to distribute it on-line to subscribers and syndicators.

Determine your buyer’s massive drawback.

The place there is a significant drawback, there is a motive to resolve it. Heart specialist Donald C. Harrison got here up with the concept for his medical system firm AtriCure after asking himself how he may make a novel contribution that may assist his coronary heart sufferers in a significant means.

RELATED: The best way to Determine Your Goal Market

Get it out of your palms, not your head.

How did a man with a level in supercomputing find yourself within the trucking biz? Web Explorer billionaire Tim Krauskopf acquired the concept for a transportation applied sciences startup, FreightZone, after he realized to drive a semi and commenced to expertise what was concerned within the trucking trade.

Usually, $100 million concepts come from collaboration. Rock Mackie knew Tomotherapy was a viable idea solely after three of his graduate college students every made separate and essential discoveries. Put collectively, his group’s concepts resulted in a brand new and remarkably higher CT scanning know-how for treating illness.

Make it sellable and fixable.

Do you suppose you have got an amazing thought for a brand new product? It isn’t an amazing thought till you have gotten concerned in promoting it. Jim Dolan of the Dolan Firm advises that promoting is the quickest method to discover out what’s unsuitable together with your product thought so you may repair it rapidly and transfer on. If you cannot promote it, do not make it.

Get assist creating it.

Serial entrepreneur Mahendra Vora, who’s launched greater than a dozen extremely profitable tech firms, warns would-be entrepreneurs to not be narcissistic about their thought. As an alternative, develop 60 % of your imaginative and prescient, put it into the palms of trusted prospects, and allow them to assist with the remaining 40 % of the concept.

RELATED: The place to Discover Enterprise Concepts

Free Enterprise Startup Guidelines

Beginning a enterprise may be overwhelming! Use this free
Enterprise Startup
Guidelines
to ensure you do not miss any essential steps. This
downloadable Phrase doc lists the steps you might want to take to get what you are promoting
up and operating, and contains area so that you can word your personal feedback and
deadlines. You will get the guidelines free if you subscribe to the free
Enterprise Know-How Publication.

Request your free Business Startup Checklist

Robert Jordan has been launching and rising firms and serving to different entrepreneurs do the identical for the previous 20 years. He’s the creator of How They Did It: Billion Greenback Insights from the Coronary heart of America (RedFlash Press), a set of interviews from 45 main founders who created $41 billion from scratch. His latest endeavors are RedFlash mission implementation group, and interimCEOinterimCFO, a worldwide community of interim, contract, and mission executives.

Enterprise Know-How/Attard Communications, Inc. is a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for websites to earn promoting charges by promoting and linking to amazon.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *