Business tips

6 Methods to Discover a $100 Million Enterprise Concept

by Robert Jordan

Final Up to date: Dec 31, 2018
Profitable entrepreneurs do not simply discover their million-dollar enterprise concepts. Creator Robert Jordan shares six issues he discovered from the founders of a few of America’s most profitable companies.

where to find a $100 million business idea
Picture supply: iStock.com

Ever surprise how entrepreneurs give you sensible enterprise concepts that flip into profitable corporations? I interviewed 45 firm founders, every of whom began, grew, and bought an organization for $100 million or extra, or took their firm public for $300 million or extra. Listed below are a few of their secrets and techniques.

Fulfill their want, not your ardour.

It is a delusion that profitable enterprise individuals bought into their area as a result of they cared deeply about it. Success would not observe ardour, it follows want. Discover one thing that nobody’s doing that someone ought to do. That is what Dick Costolo, founding father of Feedburner, did when he noticed that publishers had content material however no solution to distribute it on-line to subscribers and syndicators.

Establish your buyer’s massive drawback.

The place there is a significant drawback, there is a cause to resolve it. Heart specialist Donald C. Harrison got here up with the concept for his medical gadget firm AtriCure after asking himself how he may make a novel contribution that may assist his coronary heart sufferers in a serious means.

RELATED: The way to Establish Your Goal Market

Get it out of your palms, not your head.

How did a man with a level in supercomputing find yourself within the trucking biz? Web Explorer billionaire Tim Krauskopf bought the concept for a transportation applied sciences startup, FreightZone, after he discovered to drive a semi and started to expertise what was concerned within the trucking trade.

Typically, $100 million concepts come from collaboration. Rock Mackie knew Tomotherapy was a viable idea solely after three of his graduate college students every made separate and vital discoveries. Put collectively, his workforce’s concepts resulted in a brand new and remarkably higher CT scanning expertise for treating illness.

Make it sellable and fixable.

Do you assume you will have an ideal concept for a brand new product? It is not an ideal concept till you have gotten concerned in promoting it. Jim Dolan of the Dolan Firm advises that promoting is the quickest solution to discover out what’s fallacious together with your product concept so you’ll be able to repair it shortly and transfer on. If you cannot promote it, do not make it.

Get assist growing it.

Serial entrepreneur Mahendra Vora, who’s launched greater than a dozen extremely profitable tech corporations, warns would-be entrepreneurs to not be narcissistic about their concept. As an alternative, develop 60 % of your imaginative and prescient, put it into the palms of trusted clients, and allow them to assist with the remaining 40 % of the concept.

RELATED: The place to Discover Enterprise Concepts

Free Enterprise Startup Guidelines

Beginning a enterprise could be overwhelming! Use this free
Enterprise Startup
Guidelines
to be sure to do not miss any vital steps. This
downloadable Phrase doc lists the steps it’s good to take to get your online business
up and working, and contains area so that you can notice your individual feedback and
deadlines. You will get the guidelines free once you subscribe to the free
Enterprise Know-How E-newsletter.

Request your free Business Startup Checklist

Robert Jordan has been launching and rising corporations and serving to different entrepreneurs do the identical for the previous 20 years. He’s the creator of How They Did It: Billion Greenback Insights from the Coronary heart of America (RedFlash Press), a group of interviews from 45 main founders who created $41 billion from scratch. His latest endeavors are RedFlash challenge implementation workforce, and interimCEOinterimCFO, a worldwide community of interim, contract, and challenge executives.

Enterprise Know-How/Attard Communications, Inc. is a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for websites to earn promoting charges by promoting and linking to amazon.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *